You've just finished up a long day... Too many virtual meetings, the kids are doing parkour on the furniture, or you just got in from work. Whew, you deserve a treat. How about a warm beverage on a cold night.
One of my favorite fall winter treats is tea infused wine. I love it because it's so warm and relaxing.
Here's what you'll need:
- 1 Pot
- Red wine ( I prefer a juicy red Cabernet, Merlot, or Zinfandel)
- Tea- I recommend Red Refresh from TJ, if you can get your hands on it. But, any fruity hibiscus will do.
- 1 orange, cut into wedges
- Cinnamon (optional)
How you'll do it:
- Uncork the wine and pour 32 oz it into a pot.
- Place the pot on the stove on low heat. We want to heat the wine enough that the tea will infuse, but you do not want to boil the wine.
- Place 2 tea bags into the pot with the wine. *I am using 1 tea bag for every 16oz of wine into the pot. Since I'm using 32 oz (4 cups), I'll be using 2 tea bags.*
- Drop in a cinnamon stick. (Don't like cinnamon? Don't worry, it's optional...)
- Heat the wine and tea for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. When you start to see a little steam and smell the tea... you're getting close. Remember we do not want to boil the wine lol
- After about 10 minutes, remove the wine and tea from the burner.
- Add honey to taste. I prefer to sweeten the whole pot, but you do you.
- Squeeze the orange wedges into the pot to taste. I'm going for a splash.
- Pour the mixture into your favorite mugs.
- Kick up your feet, light your favorite candle, and relax.
*If you don't drink alcohol, replace the wine with a juice cocktail bled like Cran-Grape or a cranberry lemonade.
Don't forget to share and tag us on social @blazeandsparkles with your favorite mug and beverage. Cheers!!